Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy World Book Day!

Today is World Book Day!

When I first heard about 'World Book Day,' I thought it was just a day to put the spotlight on reading. Kind of like when 'National Pancake Day' is declared, and it's just a big day for people to go out and eat pancakes for dinner. I did some research and found out that not only is World Book Day a worldwide celebration of reading, but it's a day to inspire children to read and have a wider access to books. Today, millions of book vouchers and awesome books are being given out to children, along with a celebration to bring together the reading community of young and old.

That's pretty awesome, right?

Also, how have I forgotten to mention National Reading Month?! Happy National Reading Month! I've finished a couple of books so far this month, and I'll be writing about them very soon. I'm working on getting over a yuck sinus infection and then I can hopefully resume posting ASAP!

Are you celebrating World Book Day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment