Thursday, May 2, 2013

Today's Library Haul

I hate to say it, but for the past couple of days I have been in a reading slump. We've all been there. When reading, for some reason, doesn't seem as appealing as something min-numbing like watching the newest Teen Mom 2 episode, or doing Sudoku. I recently read a very heady book (which I will review soon, of course!), and since then I have needed a couple of days to recover. So today, I went to the library and got some books which will coax me back into reading. I know, a lot of them are 'chick-lit,' but after a reading slump, that's the best kind of reading. You often don't have to work as hard to read it, and it's quick, easy, and fun. Plus, Chicago has been having some nice weather, so I'm hoping to soak in some sun with some of these. I got:

1) Lisa, Bright & Dark by John Neufeld
2) Room by Emma Donoghue
3) The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
4) Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
5) Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes
6) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
7) Slumdog Millionaire by Vikas Swarup
8) We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
9) So Many Books, So Little Time by Sara Nelson
10) The Pleasure's All Mine by Joan Kelly
11) Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster
12) The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot
13) The Other Side of the Story by Marian Keyes
14) John Belushi is Dead by Kathy Charles
15) Delirium by Lauren Oliver
16) The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams

And not in the picture is Forever by Judy Bloom which I decided to read first since it seems like a pretty quick and easy one. Now I just wait for my boyfriend to come home and shake his head at the amount of books I got again. Every time he sees my latest HUGE stack of library books, he says, "you know that the library doesn't go anywhere, right?" True, but so many books!

How do you get out of your reading slumps?

No comments:

Post a Comment