Sunday, July 27, 2014

Reading Habits Tag!

If there's one thing that keeps me from reading and writing the most, it is watching Booktube videos. I could watch videos of people showing off their shelves, TBR piles, and hauls for hours. Our book blogging bubble has it's fair share of meme's, but I love watching book-related tags on Youtube. Why let them have all of the fun? I love this tag about reading habits, so I'm bringing it to my blog. This tag was created by TheBookJazz.

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?  
My bed! Check out my lil Ikea clip on reading light! And I have a super comfy pillow chair that I got from my grandma. The only downside is that usually it's too comfortable, and if the mood is right, I will fall right asleep. 

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
For a while I was using a playing card with a nude dude on it. Then for Christmas this past year I asked for cute bookmarks with tassels. I use those a lot. My sister also got me a pretty woven bookmark from when she traveled to Belize so I've started using that. And I've been going to the library a lot lately, so sometimes I just use my library receipt!

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
Since I do a lot of reading while commuting on trains/buses, I'm not too picky about stopping in the middle of a page or between chapters. If I'm at home with nothing going on, though, I prefer to wait until a page break or end of a chapter before putting my book down!

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Yep! It's weird but I can't read while eating a meal. I used to take my books to the cafe by my apartment and loved eating a slice of carrot cake with some coffee while I read. Usually if I'm at home though, I'm eating chocolate or gummy candy. I'm either drinking Arnold Palmer's, coffee, or beer :) 

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
TV. Usually any music that is played in my apartment is music I am familiar with so the lyrics can get distracting. I live with my boyfriend and he's a big TV watcher, so it has become easier for me to tune it out... as long as it's not a show that I love ;) 

6. One book at a time or several at once?
One book at a time! When I was in college, I had to read several books at once and it got hard for me to keep each one straight, and it took longer for me to finish one. Now I'm a one book kinda gal. Even though right now I do have a non-fiction book about the first class passengers of the Titanic that I'm reading on the side between books! 

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Both? I'm more comfortable reading at home, but I enjoy reading on my lunch break at work, or on the bus coming home. Reading makes my commute go by waaaaay faster. 

8. Reading out lout or silently in your head?
Silently in my head. I cannot read out loud. 

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Sometimes, yes! I'm trying to stop. If a book is really mysterious, I am always tempted to read to the last page to see if that person is present (for instance: if someone goes missing, I need to know if they stay missing or are found!) I'm worse about reading reviews and spoiling myself.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Breaking the spines! I think I've written about it before, but hot dog I love a well-loved looking book. When I get paperbacks, I love making their spines look all crinkly and worn. It's also why I used to love buying my books used. 

11. Do you write in your books?
Yes! Sometimes I can't fully commit to writing in the margins, even though I used to a lot in college and I was oddly inspired by these two guys writing in the margins of Inferno by Dan Brown. Usually my 'writing in the margins' is simply underlining passages. 

I tag: everyone who wants to do this! If you do this tag, leave me a link in the comments :) I am so nosy when it comes to other people's reading habits. How do you read?

1 comment:

  1. It would take me forever to read a book if I read it out loud in my head while I was reading!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete