Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish where we share our top ten bookish related things!
1) Have a full collection of Jacqueline Susann novels: It's no secret that I adore Jacqueline Susann. Back when her books came out, they might have been considered 'trash' novels, but I love the 1960's vibes, the romantic drama, etc. Currently, I own three of her novels, a fourth one is on the way, and that leaves two more that I need to own.
2) Get my Goodreads TBR list below 1,000: Currently, my TBR list on Goodreads is 1,195. What?! There will always be a million books I'm dying to read, but I'd like to start tackling books on my TBR list that have been there for years instead of continuously adding onto it.
3) Finish a novel...or seven: I've mentioned before that I have a Bachelor's degree in Fiction Writing so naturally I would love to someday make a living as a novelist. This might take a little while, and will take a major overhaul on my personal habits, but it'll happen someday!
4) Visit every book store in Chicago: This will be quite an undertaking, as there are seemingly hundreds of bookstores in this city, and I tend to be very loyal to a handful of them, but I'd like to see what else is out there!
5) Read every unread book that I own: I cannot remember the actual count anymore, but of the dozens of books I own, about 80% of them are unread. This, of course, is not made any easier by the fact that I am constantly buying and receiving new books to read. So I would like to read the books I own, and read books as I get them!
6) Create a writing schedule: This is bookish, yeah? At least writerly, which turns into bookishness. When I was in school, I definitely had a schedule. I was always writing before class, or after class. I set aside chunks of time in my day, and it is my claim to fame of being able to write ten pages in a 3 hour time block. WHY CAN'T I DO THIS NOW? Once I get a schedule, I'll probably be married to it for life, so that's why this is on my bucket list ;)
7) Turn a story/book of mine into something bigger: With my recent story publication, the publishers told me that an actress from Scandal said my story would make a great short film. Uh, when I heard that I FANGIRLED at work and spend 15 minutes texting everyone I know and squealing. That made me think about how awesome it would be to get the ball rolling on turning a story of mine into a short film or play or full-length novel, and putting my future novel into the right hands to be something bigger than itself as well.
8) Start a book club!: Every time Jamie writes about her book club meetings and get-togethers, I am always so jealous! I've been trying to get the ball rolling on one for a while, but something always falls through, or we can never seem to pick a time to get together, or even a book to read in the first place. I would love to have a solid book club that can get together once in a while, and go on bookish dates, etc. Those of you who have book clubs, how do you pick which book to read? How do you plan your get togethers?
9) Have my own library: My favorite movie growing up was Beauty and the Beast. And we all know that Belle's library was actually the most majestic library ever.
10) Meet more of my favorite authors: I met Markus Zusak and Sapphire last year, and that was fabulous. A couple of the authors I would love to meet are Wally Lamb, JK Rowling, R.L Stein, and Rainbow Rowell. For some reason, I don't go to half as many book signings or author events as I would like to, so I would like to get to much more and make a bigger effort!
What kinds of things are on your bookish bucket list?