Monday, January 27, 2014

Kindle Book Haul!

I've made it an unofficial goal to use my Kindle more often, since for the past couple of years it has just been collecting dust. Feeling motivation to use my Kindle has been made a lot easier by things like NetGalley, where they send ARC's in the form of e-books, and also Amazon Daily Deals and FREE books on Amazon. I don't know how I lived my whole life without knowing that there are free Kindle books on Amazon? Have I been suffocating under a rock for the last decade?

Anyway, I've been currently addicted to scooping up Daily Deals and free books, so I've accumulated quite a little collection over the last month or two! Some of these I might have already mentioned briefly, but I wanted to present them all together.

Pivot Point by Kasie West : This was a Young Adult Daily Deal, I believe, and I've been hearing nothing but amazing things about this book. A girl has the ability to see into the future of both sides of a choice.
The EveryGirl's Guide to Life by Maria Menounos : Another super cheap Amazon deal. I don't even know why I got this one, considering I'm not a big fan of Maria's or anything. But I have been wanting to introduce different types of reviews onto this blog, and this had some good reviews!
Vibrant Food by Kimberly Hasselbring : I scored this one on NetGalley and I am beyond excited to use this cookbook in the spring and summer. Boyfriend & I are frequents at the farmers market when it's warm, and this cookbook shows you how to use fresh, seasonal foods to create healthy dishes that showcase the fruits and veggies.


The Tyrant's Daughter by J.C. Carleson : Another one scooped from NetGalley. This book sounds thrilling and full of high stakes, which are two of my favorite things! A royal middle eastern family is exiled to the American suburbs after the patriarch of the family is killed. While Laila, the teenage daughter, is adapting to her new life, her mother is obsessed with the past.
2,000 to 10,000 by Rachel Aaron : Amazon recently slashed the prices of a lot of educational books and this one was only $1. Since graduating with a degree in Fiction Writing, I have a hard time pushing myself to write outside of the class-writing regimen I had become adapted to. Hopefully this helps me boost my daily word counts!
500 Ways to Be a Better Writer by Chuck Wendig: Intrigued to see if there is anything I can learn from this, or any skills I can adopt into my writing life.

Quiet by Susan Cain : I am an introvert to the max, so I have been dying to read this book on the power of introverts, and how beneficial quiet people really can be :)
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson: I really enjoyed Speak by Anderson, and even though I didn't love Prom as much, this book sounds like it is in the same dark, emotional vein as Speak. I also can't believe I haven't read this yet.
Bet in the Dark by Rachel Higginson: 1) Is that Khloe Kardashian on the cover? 2) This book was free and sounded slightly intriguing so I snagged it because…free.

Deer in Headlights by Staci Hart : Another freebie…and with a gorgeous cover! I had to download it after seeing this cool illustrated cover. Aphrodite and Apollo are in a modern day competition. Aphrodite's mission is to bring two people together. Apollo's is to keep them apart. Love blooms, etc.
Dollhouse by Anya Allyn : Another freebie with a stunning cover. I downloaded this because it reminded me of that CREEPY AS F dollhouse episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? In this book, four friends go on a school hike. One of them goes missing and the police are suspecting murder. The remaining friends go on their own search to find their missing part, and find the dollhouse, hidden away in the woods. Sounds hella creepy.
N0S4A2 by Joe Hill : I'm obsessed with the title of this book. Also, it's written by Joe Hill who is the son of Stephen King, so I think we can all know what to expect. Judging by the title, I would guess there is a vampire element, and after reading the synopsis, there is time travel, and a creepy alternate world called Christmas Land.

That's all of my recent e-book grabs. It feels good to have a haul of 12 books that I paid next to nothing for…I could maybe get used to this e-reader thing..maybe.

Have you read any of these? Are you addicted to Amazon freebies, too?

3 comments:

  1. NOS4A2 is supposed to be awesome. I read Horns, which was quite creepy. Enjoy your kindle. It is such a great device!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear such good things about it! I just read my first Stephen King book the other day and that's enough to make me think I can trust his son, too ;)

      Delete
  2. Woo look at you go with all your awesome books!! I just bought Pivot Point too, I'm so excited to see what the hype is about! And after reading your post, I literally just bought Deer in Headlights! Ah! It was 99 cents, so I said what the heck! lol. I might have to check out the books 2000 to 10000 and 500 ways to be a better writer...never hurts to learn a few tips and tricks!! And SNAP, Joe Hill is Stephen King's son?! That should be a GOOD one! Can't wait for a review on that! Nice haul ya got :)

    ReplyDelete