October is my favorite month of the whole year, and I think it could be considered my power month given the awesome luck I had in it this year. For starters, I read ten books, which is more books in one month than I can ever remember reading in recent times. I have been loving staying curled up inside with coffee/tea/hot toddy's and reading late into the night while cold wind howls outside.
In fact, October was so great that I decided to start doing monthly wrap-ups of the books I read in the past month, and other life events that I don't always get to talk about on this blog.
October Books:1. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green - See my review HERE. Not my favorite John Green novel, but I still loved the character revelations.
2. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. See my review HERE. Sigh. I freaking loved this book and everything about it. I loved the love, I loved the pain, and I loved the realistic approach Rowell took to teen romance.
3. The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen. See my review HERE. Though I thought Jessica's amputation and healing process was a little too perfect, it was a motivating read that had a great lesson in determination!
4. Psycho Killer by Cecily von Ziegesar. See my review HERE. A fun, bloody rewrite of the first book in the Gossip Girl series. Not to be taken very seriously, and with a lot of B-list horror film qualities.
5. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston. Review coming soon, plus a surprise! Main character Meg makes a lot of risky decisions that could jeopardize her family's place in the Witness Protection Program. Enjoyed this one!
7. The First Part Last by Angela Johnson. See my review HERE. I enjoyed the look into the father's side of teen pregnancy within this short novel.
8. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. See my review HERE. Bianca became my soul sister after I read this book. Loved her voice and cynicism, even though I thought it was laid on a little too thick in some parts.
9. I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak. See my review HERE. Another beautiful, wonderful, and eye opening novel by Zusak. I really felt all of the characters and especially loved our perceptive narrator Ed.
Songs I can't get enough of this month:
>>"Royals" by Lorde.
>>"Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus.
>>"Don't Worry Baby" by The Beach Boys
>>"Lloyd, I'm Ready to be Heartbroken" by Camera Obscura
Cool October Things!!
>>I was named Employee of the Month at work!
>>I was then promoted to Store Manager!
>>I was a doughnut for Halloween!
>>For the first time ever, an author requested me to read and review her novel!
>>The Lit Girl's first birthday! I can't believe this blog is almost a whole year old!
>>My boyfriend's birthday!
>>My boyfriend and I's four year anniversary! I also cannot believe we have been dating for a whole four years!
>>A trip to Tennessee for Thanksgiving!
October was such a fab month, and it seems like November is shaping up to be pretty awesome, too! Can't wait for it!
How was your October? Are you looking forward to anything awesome?